-   -   How to auto response the dialog (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/318015-how-auto-response-dialog.html)

myBasic[_2_]

How to auto response the dialog

Hello,

When I open a Excel workbook, the dialogue will appear everytime:

----
The workbook you opened contains automatic links to information in another
workbook. do you want to update this workbook with changes made to the other
workbook?

To update all linked information, click Yes.

To keep the exist information, click No.

(Yes / No)
----

Since I open them by macro, and the source reference workbooks have been
opened beforehand. Surely, I will answer (Yes). But everytime I have to make
manual reponse, pretty annoying!

How to answer the dialogue by VBA statments.

Many thanks!

John Green[_4_]

How to auto response the dialog

Use the UpdateLinks argument.

Workbooks.Open Filename:= "C:\Book2.xls", UpdateLinks:=3

--
John Green
Sydney

"myBasic" wrote in message
Hello,

When I open a Excel workbook, the dialogue will appear everytime:

----
The workbook you opened contains automatic links to information in another
workbook. do you want to update this workbook with changes made to the

other
workbook?

To update all linked information, click Yes.

To keep the exist information, click No.

(Yes / No)
----

Since I open them by macro, and the source reference workbooks have been
opened beforehand. Surely, I will answer (Yes). But everytime I have to

make
manual reponse, pretty annoying!

How to answer the dialogue by VBA statments.

Many thanks!

David

How to auto response the dialog

?B?bXlCYXNpYw==?= wrote

When I open a Excel workbook, the dialogue will appear everytime:

Of course you could always make a global change to your Options.
Tools|Options|Edit tab, uncheck 'Ask to update automatic links'

--
David

Dave Peterson[_5_]

How to auto response the dialog

Are you sure you opened all the "sending" workbooks?

You may want to get a copy of Bill Manville's FindLink program:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

Just to make sure.

myBasic wrote:

[...]

Dave, I opened the sending workbook. But now that I solved that problem.

John, David, both your suggestions works fine, the problem solved.

Many thanks to you. :)