-   -   Accessing external test equipment using Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/317974-accessing-external-test-equipment-using-excel.html)

RichardG

Accessing external test equipment using Excel

Greetings All,

I am looking into if it is possible to control a piece of test
equipement using Excel's macros. More specifically, it is to control a
spectrum analyzer via a GPIB interface card (IEEE 488). The macros
would set-up the analyzer, take the data, store it in an Excel
spreadsheet. From there, I can write the necessary procedures to make
charts and perform some analysis of the data collected.

If someone has some experience already regarding the above or can
point me in the right direction, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

RichardG

Tom Ogilvy

Accessing external test equipment using Excel

This looks like a good start:

http://www.reed-electronics.com/tmwo.../CA187420.html

Tom Ogilvy

"RichardG" wrote in message
om...
Greetings All,

I am looking into if it is possible to control a piece of test
equipement using Excel's macros. More specifically, it is to control a
spectrum analyzer via a GPIB interface card (IEEE 488). The macros
would set-up the analyzer, take the data, store it in an Excel
spreadsheet. From there, I can write the necessary procedures to make
charts and perform some analysis of the data collected.

If someone has some experience already regarding the above or can
point me in the right direction, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

RichardG

C.C. \Chip\ McCoy

Accessing external test equipment using Excel

Tom,

Thanks for your reply, there are lots of interesting articles at that
webpage.

"RichardG" wrote in message
om...
Greetings All,

I am looking into if it is possible to control a piece of test
equipement using Excel's macros. More specifically, it is to control a
spectrum analyzer via a GPIB interface card (IEEE 488). The macros
would set-up the analyzer, take the data, store it in an Excel
spreadsheet. From there, I can write the necessary procedures to make
charts and perform some analysis of the data collected.

If someone has some experience already regarding the above or can
point me in the right direction, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

RichardG

RichardG

Accessing external test equipment using Excel

Tom,

Thanks for the link. That is what I have been looking for.

RichardG