-   -   Converting XL4 Macro Sheet to VBA (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/317825-converting-xl4-macro-sheet-vba.html)

Geoff Martin

Converting XL4 Macro Sheet to VBA

I have an Excel Template that has an Excel 4 Macro Sheet in it. I understand
that MS Word can convert WordBasic Macros to VBA. Can Excel similarly
convert a macro sheet into VBA automatically? I'm sure the resulting code
might need some tweaking, but it would be better than starting from scratch.

Thanks much,
Geoff

Myrna Larson

Converting XL4 Macro Sheet to VBA

No, it can't. This is a manual job in Excel.

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 22:39:08 -0500, "Geoff Martin" wrote:

I have an Excel Template that has an Excel 4 Macro Sheet in it. I understand
that MS Word can convert WordBasic Macros to VBA. Can Excel similarly
convert a macro sheet into VBA automatically? I'm sure the resulting code
might need some tweaking, but it would be better than starting from scratch.

Thanks much,
Geoff

Geoff Martin

Converting XL4 Macro Sheet to VBA

Out of town for weekend...Thanks for the info, Myrna.

I've never translated a macro sheet to vba and my main interest is in
modifying the "userform" that is generated. The default button that has the
focus, etc. Is there a general strategy anyone can recommend?

Thanks much,
Geoff