Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default File size too big

Hi, I'll keep this as brief as poss..(!)
I've asked this question before, but nobody responded - if it's impossible,
maybe an expert could let me know?
I have a master XL document consisting of a worksheet which is essentially
an index page listing various items we stock, then each item from this list
has it's own worksheet in the same book which is a reconciliation page used
by staff to document usage/movement of the item.
At present, the way I have contructed the document is to have a checkbox on
the index sheet next to each item, and to have all reconciliation sheets
hidden. When the user wants to print the workbook, they select which items
they want a reconciliation sheet for by ticking the checkbox which unhides
the sheet.
As this document is re-used for any job we might need to use the items for,
and we have to store all documents on our system, the amount of space taken
up by these files is growing rapidly.
Is there anyway I can code the index sheet checkbox macro so that rather
than unhiding a sheet in the same workbook, it actually imports a copy of a
master reconciliation sheet from a single workbook in a fixed location for
any item for which it is required? Think this would keep file size to a
minimum.
Long winded I know, but any help would be great!!!
Thanks in advance
---------
Gareth