-   -   Chart Data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/317710-chart-data.html)

Frank@shell

Chart Data

I have data in a chart. I want to set up a macro to perform calculations on
this data, but I want to be able to select the "starting point" - which will
not necessarily correspond to the first data point.

Is there a way to allow a user to manipulate a "line" on the graph so that
where they position that line (along the x-axis) will correspond to the
starting position to perform calculations on the data?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Frank

Tim Williams

Chart Data

Plot another series on the chart as a line, using two datapoints with
the same x-values and different y-values (use min y & max y). Set the
series x-values to a cell and link a scrollbar on the sheet to the
cell. Set the min and max of the scrollbar to the min/max of your
x-axis data. The user can move the scroll bar to position the line on
the chart.

Tim.