-   -   Auto Complete (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/317676-auto-complete.html)

Dean Goodmen[_2_]

Auto Complete

Is there a way to clear auto complete data?

I have a cell that is Validated as Add or Remove; however, when I
forst put the data list in I put "Add/Remove", instead of "Add,
Remove". I fixed it but it still rembers that i had used it in that
cell once. Now with auto complete on, When I enter "A" it wants to
complete to Add/Remove, instead of Add. ( This only happens the first
time, but it is still bother some. Is there a way to clear auto
complete?

Debra Dalgleish

Auto Complete

Does the column heading say Add/Remove?
If so, that's what's causing the AutoComplete, not the removed data
validation item.

As a workaround, you could add a space at the beginning of the heading text.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Dean Goodmen[_2_]