-   -   Problem with fraction showing up as date when copied (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/317626-re-problem-fraction-showing-up-date-when-copied.html)

Zeroman[_3_]

Problem with fraction showing up as date when copied

Him Jim,

Thanks for replying. Yes I am trying to code this in VBA. I trie
what you said and it still comes out as Mar-4. The easiest way to fi
this is by selecting the cell before I copy to it and convert it unde
"format cells" to custom. But I want to find a way to code it becaus
the worksheet that I am copying the 3/4 to may not even exist

--
Zeroma
Zeroman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1662

shieb[_2_]

Problem with fraction showing up as date when copied

Perhaps something like a single apostrophe at the beginning will work.

NUMBA = "'" & NUMBA

Stev

--
shie
shieb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1640

Zeroman[_4_]

Problem with fraction showing up as date when copied

Steve, great job. Thanks a lot, works like a charm.

Thanks to you as well Jim.

--
Zeroman
Zeroman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16628