-   -   graceful exits (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/317488-graceful-exits.html)

Bryan[_12_]

graceful exits

This code is used to find and open text files to import into a worksheet.

' Get the file name
Dim FName As Variant
FName = Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel file (*.txt),*.txt)")
If FName = False Then
MsgBox "No file selected"
Else
MsgBox "You chose: " & FName
End If

In the False section I want to add in a line to simply exit the macro. The
functionality I need is:
MsgBox "No file selected"
Exit_Macro
What is the code to exit the macro here?

Norman Jones

graceful exits

Hi Bryan,

Try:

MsgBox "No file selected"
Exit sub

---
Regards,
Norman

"Bryan" wrote in message
This code is used to find and open text files to import into a worksheet.

' Get the file name
Dim FName As Variant
FName = Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel file (*.txt),*.txt)")
If FName = False Then
MsgBox "No file selected"
Else
MsgBox "You chose: " & FName
End If

In the False section I want to add in a line to simply exit the macro.
The functionality I need is:
MsgBox "No file selected"
Exit_Macro
What is the code to exit the macro here?

Bryan[_12_]

graceful exits

That does it. Thank you,

Bryan

"Norman Jones" wrote in message
Hi Bryan,

Try:

MsgBox "No file selected"
Exit sub

---
Regards,
Norman

"Bryan" wrote in message
This code is used to find and open text files to import into a worksheet.

' Get the file name
Dim FName As Variant
FName = Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel file (*.txt),*.txt)")
If FName = False Then
MsgBox "No file selected"
Else
MsgBox "You chose: " & FName
End If

In the False section I want to add in a line to simply exit the macro.
The functionality I need is:
MsgBox "No file selected"
Exit_Macro
What is the code to exit the macro here?

Bryan[_12_]

graceful exits

That's just what I needed.