Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Spreadsheet Creation - ADO

I posted a question similar to this on another Excel newsgroup, but I think
its wise to post here as it seems to have the most traffic...sorry for
reposting!

My problem is basically this, I need to create a worksheet that has multiple
tables. These tables will be identical in data type content, but will be
grouped by various fields. Each of these tables will need to have a summary
row or have some seperator between them that must follow the formatting for
the spreadsheet.

I need to be able create a spreadsheet, copy the formatting details from a
template file, insert the data, and then save the spreadsheet.

One problem that I have is that I have is that for a couple of the
spreadsheets I do not know the number of tables that will be included because
it is based on the number of periods that have been reported.

What would be the best method for

a) creating the template file
b) inserting the data
c) creating summary rows

If what I am trying to do is not possible without using automation, then so
be it, but most of these spreadsheets are being created and then attached to
emails and sent to clients. Ideally this should be able to be done without
any user interaction, so that is why I'm trying to avoid the use of
automation.

I'm not sure if this will be an issue, but the spreadsheets must be able to
be opened by Excel versions 97 - 2003.

Thanks for any and all help, it is greatly appreciated.

Michael Garcia
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Anyone have any ideas? The main area I am stumped on is how I should go
about interfacing the worksheet and writing the multiple tables on the same
sheet.

Thanks,

Michael Garcia