-   -   Default Directories (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/317238-default-directories.html)

wardides[_11_]

Default Directories

Hi,

I will be giving a spreadsheet that contains a file save option in i
to a few users.

Is there a way that I can get their default file path
(i.e. c:\documents and settings\user1\...)

The user name will change form user1 to a net id like kzcbtw

Once I know what the defualt is I can use MkDir to creat
thedirectories.

Regards
Bria

--
wardide
wardides's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1502

Ron de Bruin

Hi wardides

Use this
MsgBox Application.DefaultFilePath

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"wardides" wrote in message ...

Hi,

I will be giving a spreadsheet that contains a file save option in it
to a few users.

Is there a way that I can get their default file path
(i.e. c:\documents and settings\user1\...)

The user name will change form user1 to a net id like kzcbtw

Once I know what the defualt is I can use MkDir to create
thedirectories.

Regards
Brian

--