-   -   Run a sub or function on program start? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/317040-run-sub-function-program-start.html)

RASelkirk[_3_]

Run a sub or function on program start?

Bob Phillips Wrote:
So what was wrong with Workbook_Open? Since XL97, that is the 'proper
way
to do it.

--

HTH

RP

Nothing at all wrong with it, I just couldn't recall "how" to do it..
The sub_auto() just seems much less complicated..

--
RASelkir
RASelkirk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1621

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Run a sub or function on program start?

Don't think so RA. It is just that it must go in the ThisWorkbook code
module.

Workbook_Open runs whenever the workbook is opened, Auto_Open doesn't if
open ed from within another piece of code or automation.

--

HTH

RP

"RASelkirk" wrote in message

Bob Phillips Wrote:
So what was wrong with Workbook_Open? Since XL97, that is the 'proper'
way
to do it.

--

HTH

RP

Nothing at all wrong with it, I just couldn't recall "how" to do it...
The sub_auto() just seems much less complicated...

--
RASelkirk
RASelkirk's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=278044