-   -   Need some help and explaination. Thks. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/316896-need-some-help-explaination-thks.html)

stevetan2010[_3_]

Need some help and explaination. Thks.

Thks dave for your advice. I have kinda solve the problem using
primitive solution as below:

.LookIn = "z:\GsmOmc\TrafRept\in-bound-roamer\"
'.FileName = "in_*.txt"
.FileName = ".txt" = solution
If .Execute 0 Then
Year = ""
For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count
Filenames = .FoundFiles(i) = solution
Filetype = Right(.FoundFiles(i), 4) = solution
If InStr(1, Filenames, "in_", vbTextCompare) = 36 An
StrComp(".txt", Filetype) = 0 Then = solution

This is just case someone like me who is desperate for a quic
solution.

How about checking your filenames before you do anything with them?

Dave I have check the filenames by inserting the msgbox command an
have confirm they are correct.

BTW do you still have the links for that articles you mention? M
window XP platform has been giving me lots of headache ever since i
has been setup. Now I have faced with another problem which I hav
posted separately to avoid confusion. :

--
stevetan201
stevetan2010's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1624