-   -   I have 15 floppies, I want to know the file names, worksheet n (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/316771-re-i-have-15-floppies-i-want-know-file-names-worksheet-n.html)

BCNU

I have 15 floppies, I want to know the file names, worksheet n

Thank you. I appreciate your help and advice.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

This should help

Sub CopyToFloppy()
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
IsFloppyReady
SaveClientName
Dim fso As Object
myfile = ActiveWorkbook.Name
fso.CopyFile "c:\keystone\" & myfile, "a:\"
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"bcnu" wrote in message
Thanx for the feedback and quickly. I will follow your advice. We are in

training group and each student has a floppy, but we'll copy it to a
stick/hard drive. I would now want to go through the file, find all the

sub
files etc and capture the names of the file, workbook, worksheet etc. Is
there a way to do this in VB?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

I really don't recommend working with excel files on a floppy. I

strongly
suggest you copy to the HD, work with them and then copy (do not save to
floppy) back. I repeat COPY.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"bcnu" wrote in message
Looking to make a macro in one file that can open a floppy, find the

next
open row, record all the file names on that floppy (column A) next

row,
then
record all the sheet names of that file in (columns B through whatever

is
needed). I would then put the next floppy in and the macro would find

the
next unused row and so on until I have read all floppies.

In short, I want to run the macro that will open the A drive, find all
file
names into variables, then find all sheet names in each file and

record
the
results in another file that will keep expanding until all floppies

are
read.

I do not know how many floppies there might be (eventually there could

be
600). The number of files/floppy will vary (but will usually be about

4).
The numbers of sheets/file will vary (but will usually be about 3).