-   -   run macros against protected cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/316767-run-macros-against-protected-cells.html)

[email protected]

run macros against protected cells

Macros referance data in my spread sheet and i don't want users to tamper
with those cells, however, when I protect these cells the macro aborts siting
that the cell is protected. Is there a way to keep users out and let the
macro run?

Frank Kabel

run macros against protected cells

Hi
you could first unprotect the sheet in your macro and protect the sheet
again at the end

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

wrote:
Macros referance data in my spread sheet and i don't want users to
tamper with those cells, however, when I protect these cells the
macro aborts siting that the cell is protected. Is there a way to
keep users out and let the macro run?

[email protected]

run macros against protected cells

Thankyou for your reply, I changed the macro to clear the cells in question
and reload them as the program runs. I addition the source data cell is
protected and is updated by the spread sheet, so it can be protected.

Thank you for your help, thats a good idea any way and i will remember it
for a more complex problem in the future.

Dick