-   -   Capture network login ID (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/316752-capture-network-login-id.html)

Dale Preuss

Capture network login ID

I am developing an Excel application that requires tiers of protection. The
users do not want another password to remember (which I have implemented on
several other applications). How can Excel's VBA capture the Novell network
login ID? If it is any help, Outlook handles the email.

Dale Preuss

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Capture network login ID

Dale,

Randy Birch has an item at his site for Authenticating A User using the NT
challenge process. If you user is one of your list, you could use the
challenge routine as described. You will find it at http://vbnet.mvps.org/

--

HTH

RP