-   -   How to prevent my Macro from opening up another Excel App when I open any other excel file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/316626-how-prevent-my-macro-opening-up-another-excel-app-when-i-open-any-other-excel-file.html)

Peter[_50_]

How to prevent my Macro from opening up another Excel App when I open any other excel file

HI:

I created an Excel VBA (VBATest.xls) and I put the xls file in the
XLStart Directory and whenever I load other excel file, I can run the
macro that is defined in my VBATest.xls file. The only problem is when
I load any excel file, it also opens up another blank excel
application (which says VBTest.xls). I think there is a way to prevent
that to startup while the sub function in my VBATest.xls is still
available to other excel files. Any ideas?

Thank you.

Peter

Frank Kabel

How to prevent my Macro from opening up another Excel App when I open any other excel file

Hi
i would either put this macro in your personal.xls file or create an
addin (*.xla file)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel