-   -   help with sorting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/316478-help-sorting.html)

acarril[_15_]

help with sorting

i import multiple data (500 rows or more) and it comes across a
follows:
first name last name
address 1
address 2 (not always present)
city, state zip

there are no empty rows in between each row and the data in each row i
only in 1 cell. I am trying to sort by either city or zip but maintai
the grouping intact. any help would be greatly appreciate

--
acarri
acarril's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1002

Tom Ogilvy

help with sorting

Are all zip codes 5 numbers? (as opposed to a 9 digit zip code)

Just to verify
City, state zip

is all in one cell in column A.

Tom Ogilvy

"acarril" wrote in message

i import multiple data (500 rows or more) and it comes across as
follows:
first name last name
address 1
address 2 (not always present)
city, state zip

there are no empty rows in between each row and the data in each row is
only in 1 cell. I am trying to sort by either city or zip but maintain
the grouping intact. any help would be greatly appreciated

--
acarril
acarril's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=277418