-   -   how do I get the tab name into a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/316181-how-do-i-get-tab-name-into-cell.html)

dfrosticle

how do I get the tab name into a cell

I have tried using the following but there must be a better and easier way to
get the &[Tab] name into a cell of a sheet. Any ideas anyone ??

Tom Ogilvy

how do I get the tab name into a cell

parse it out of the

=CELL("filename",A1)

The workbook must have been saved at least once for this to work.

Tom Ogilvy

"dfrosticle" wrote in message
I have tried using the following but there must be a better and easier way

get the &[Tab] name into a cell of a sheet. Any ideas anyone ??

OZDOC1050[_3_]

how do I get the tab name into a cell

Sub TABNAME()
ActiveCell.Value = ActiveSheet.Name
End Sub

Hope this is what ur after
Pete

--
(][ This Email has been scanned by Norton AntiVirus. ][)