-   -   Problem with Excel97/Chart/Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/316169-problem-excel97-chart-formula.html)

Tobias Schittkowski

Problem with Excel97/Chart/Formula

Hi!

I have an application written in VB 6.0 in which I am creating an Excel Chart.
The code below works fine with Excel 2003, but it fails on Excel 97.

Set xlsSeries = ActiveChart.SeriesCollection.NewSeries
xlsSeries.Formula = sFormula

Any Ideas?
Tobias

Peter T

Problem with Excel97/Chart/Formula

Hi Tobias,

Your code works fine for me in Excel 97. With one series already existing,
sFormula being "empty" gives me =SERIES(,,{1},2) when I select it.

Maybe xl97 cannot evaluate your formula, what ever it is.

Regards,
Peter

m...