-   -   Select Inverse (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/316157-select-inverse.html)

Irada Shamilova[_5_]

Select Inverse

Hi everyone,

I wonder if there is any method in VB or Excel that allows to select
inverse of selection. Those who use Photoshop whould easily understand
what I mean. It's when you make a selection then by choosing "Select
inverse" you inverse the selection to everything else outside of your
original selection. The further manipulations would then affect
everything else but your original selection.

Regards,
Irada

--
Irada Shamilova
Irada Shamilova's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=12286

keepITcool

Select Inverse

Irada,

See following article.. (which is part of the very long thread.)

http://www.google.com/groups?q=g:thl...r=&selm=xn0dl9
eh42caz7d00o%40msnews.microsoft.com

the conclusion.. it can be done quite easily..

provided: the multiarea doesnt get too complex
it helps: if the sheet doesnot have validation AND conditional formats
(as either of these properties are used in the routine)

--
keepITcool

Irada Shamilova wrote :

Hi everyone,

I wonder if there is any method in VB or Excel that allows to select
inverse of selection. Those who use Photoshop whould easily understand
what I mean. It's when you make a selection then by choosing "Select
inverse" you inverse the selection to everything else outside of your
original selection. The further manipulations would then affect
everything else but your original selection.

Regards,
Irada

Rob van Gelder[_4_]

Select Inverse

I've seen various attempts, some using Data Validation.

Try this one from Tom Ogilvy:
http://www.google.com/groups?threadm...%40cppssbbsa04

"Irada Shamilova" wrote in
message ...

Hi everyone,

I wonder if there is any method in VB or Excel that allows to select
inverse of selection. Those who use Photoshop whould easily understand
what I mean. It's when you make a selection then by choosing "Select
inverse" you inverse the selection to everything else outside of your
original selection. The further manipulations would then affect
everything else but your original selection.

Regards,
Irada

--
Irada Shamilova
Irada Shamilova's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=276533

keepITcool

Select Inverse

link doesnt work..

i'll try again..
http://www.google.com/groups?as_umsg...msnews.microso
ft.com

it incorporates Tom Ogilvy's idea (from the thread mentioned by Rob)
but if Validation is already used, it tries FormatConditions as
alternative)

--
keepITcool

http://www.google.com/groups?q=g:thl...&lr=&selm=xn0d