-   -   How to input file name in user form (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/316036-how-input-file-name-user-form.html)

Boris Pelakh

How to input file name in user form

I have a VBA script that searches for all the Excel files in a
directory tree and makes batch updates. I currently input the root
directory path in a simple text control, but would like to be able to
allow the user to browse for the path. Is there an fairly quick and
easy way to do that?

Thanks,
Boris

Dave Peterson[_4_]

How to input file name in user form

If you're using xl2002+, you can read about:
Application.FileDialog
in VBA's help.

If before, then Jim Rech has a BrowseForFolder routine at:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm
(look for BrowseForFolder)

Or John Walkenbach's:

--