-   -   Turning hyperlink warning off (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/316013-turning-hyperlink-warning-off.html)

John Tolman[_2_]

Turning hyperlink warning off

I asked previously how to turn this off, and was directed to insert a
"Security" key into the office registry and set it's value to 1.

I tried this and it did not work. Something to note is that the workaround
is for 2003 version, while I am using 2002. Something on MS' website
mentioned that it might have to do with a security update for 2002. So,
while the workaround mentioned putting this key into the group 11.0Common,
I don't have 11.0, just 10.0.

Is there any other information on where I might need to put this code, or if
there is ANY other workaround. It isn't a matter of convenience, I am trying
to completely automate reports which need to run external scripts, and rather
than having to schedule many tasks, I would like to have one macro which runs
them for me. I noticed that there is a common workaround for powerpoint to
use a Run Program action rather than hyperlink, is there a simillar VB
command that will do the same in Excel?