-   -   How Do I Get SetFocus To Work??? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/316012-how-do-i-get-setfocus-work.html)

Minitman[_4_]

How Do I Get SetFocus To Work???

Greetings,

I am trying to use SetFocus on my UserForm and I keep getting this
error:

Run-time error '-2147418113 (8000ffff)':
Unexpected call to method or property access.

The debugger then highlights this line:

BankFrame.Visible = True
CBox1.SetFocus <<<<

CBox1 is the first item on a frame this line comes just after the
frame is made visible. If I 'rem' out the line the code the rest of
the code works with mouse clicks to get the focus. It's the same with
getting off the frame.

Does anyone have any idea as to what is going on???

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

-Minitman

Minitman[_4_]

How Do I Get SetFocus To Work???

Correction:

It seems I was mistaken, it only bombs out when I attempt to SetFocus
on the frame. Coming off the frame with SetFocus is working. Any
help on getting SetFocus to work going onto the frame would be
appreciated.

TIA

-Minitman

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 00:43:25 -0600, Minitman
wrote:

Greetings,

I am trying to use SetFocus on my UserForm and I keep getting this
error:

Run-time error '-2147418113 (8000ffff)':
Unexpected call to method or property access.

The debugger then highlights this line:

BankFrame.Visible = True
CBox1.SetFocus <<<<

CBox1 is the first item on a frame this line comes just after the
frame is made visible. If I 'rem' out the line the code the rest of
the code works with mouse clicks to get the focus. It's the same with
getting off the frame.

Does anyone have any idea as to what is going on???

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

-Minitman

Bob Phillips[_6_]

How Do I Get SetFocus To Work???

I am not sure I really understand what you are saying, coming off and going
on to the frame, but have you tried

Frame1.CBox1.SetFocus

--

HTH

RP

wrote:

Greetings,

I am trying to use SetFocus on my UserForm and I keep getting this
error:

Run-time error '-2147418113 (8000ffff)':
Unexpected call to method or property access.

The debugger then highlights this line:

BankFrame.Visible = True
CBox1.SetFocus <<<<

CBox1 is the first item on a frame this line comes just after the
frame is made visible. If I 'rem' out the line the code the rest of
the code works with mouse clicks to get the focus. It's the same with
getting off the frame.

Does anyone have any idea as to what is going on???

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

-Minitman

Minitman[_4_]

How Do I Get SetFocus To Work???

Hey Bob,

I just tried this and get the following error message:

Run-time error '2147417113 (8000ffff)':
Unexpected call to method or property access.

What does this mean and how do I fix it????

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

-Minitman

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 10:32:44 -0000, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:

I am not sure I really understand what you are saying, coming off and going
on to the frame, but have you tried

Frame1.CBox1.SetFocus

--

HTH