Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Automation Add-in Distribution problem

I have made an VB6.0 automation add-in and using it in the excle 2003
spreadsheet to do some calculations.

It seems to be working fine in my machine but when I try to use it in
some other machine, the add-in is not getting added in the excel
automaticaly, even though I register DLL in the new machine.

I have to manually open the excel and add the add-in from the menu item
and check the add-in to work.

I tried to then add in programatically in the onload of the workbook

Set addinXL = Excel.AddIns.Add("MyAddIn.Connect")

but it also does not seem to be working properly the first time.

What is the best way to distribute the add-in and the excel sheet to
others ?
How to install the add-in and the excel spreadshseet and make it work
on a clean machine.

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

--
kumar_8675