DLayne

We use a form created in Excel to analyze property tax assessmen
levels. This data consists of the line items of an income and expens
form that we have been keying in by hand. We have a software provide
who gives us a data base in Access that we can easily convert int
Excel format.

I would like to create a way to directly take the Excel data exporte
from Access and populate the property analysis forms. What is the bes
way to do that?

Excel Macro, VBA application or what?

Thanks for the assistance.

D. Layn

--
DLayn
DLayne's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1604

Jim Rech

Userform textboxes (which I assume your using) do not have a property that
ties their values to particular worksheet cells, so, yes, you'll need a
macro to populate the userform.

TextBox1.Value = Range("A1").Value

etc.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"DLayne" wrote in message

| We use a form created in Excel to analyze property tax assessment
| levels. This data consists of the line items of an income and expense
| form that we have been keying in by hand. We have a software provider
| who gives us a data base in Access that we can easily convert into
| Excel format.
|
| I would like to create a way to directly take the Excel data exported
| from Access and populate the property analysis forms. What is the best
| way to do that?
|
| Excel Macro, VBA application or what?
|
| Thanks for the assistance.
|
| D. Layne
|

| --
| DLayne
| DLayne's Profile:
| View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=275064

Jamie Collins

"Jim Rech" wrote ...

We use a form created in Excel to analyze property tax assessment

Userform textboxes (which I assume your using) do not have a property that
ties their values to particular worksheet cells, so, yes, you'll need a
macro to populate the userform.

By 'form' assumed the OP meant a formatted worksheet, in which case
there are many possibilities but worksheet functions such as VLOOKUP
are simplest.

Jamie.