-   -   if statements vs date ranges (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/315486-if-statements-vs-date-ranges.html)

underhill[_2_]

if statements vs date ranges

Hi again!

Is it possible to do this in excel

dim date1 datee etc as date

date = Format(Range("b5").Value, "dd/mm/yyyy") (b5 is a date cell i
dd/mm/yyyy format - excel pushes the value into mm/dd/yyyy otherwise)

date2 = Format(#10/1/2004#, "dd/mm/yyyy")
date3 etc etc

if date date2 AND date < date3 then
code
elseif date date4 AND date < date4 then
code
else
code
endif

Its really the AND operator that I am having trouble with. I tried
case statement but that didnt work either.

Sorry to clog up the user group with basic questions but I have bee
out of the game for a little while

:) :

--
underhil
underhill's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=478

Bob Phillips[_6_]

if statements vs date ranges

You cannot use date as a variable, as this is a built-in referring to today.

Also, format will look to return a string not a date. Try something like

dim date1 datee etc as date

date1 = CDate(Range("b5").Value
date2 = CDate("2004/10/1")

if date date2 AND date < date3 then
code
elseif date date4 AND date < date4 then
code
else
code
endif

--

HTH

RP

"underhill" wrote in message

Hi again!

Is it possible to do this in excel

dim date1 datee etc as date

date = Format(Range("b5").Value, "dd/mm/yyyy") (b5 is a date cell in
dd/mm/yyyy format - excel pushes the value into mm/dd/yyyy otherwise)

date2 = Format(#10/1/2004#, "dd/mm/yyyy")
date3 etc etc

if date date2 AND date < date3 then
code
elseif date date4 AND date < date4 then
code
else
code
endif

Its really the AND operator that I am having trouble with. I tried a
case statement but that didnt work either.

Sorry to clog up the user group with basic questions but I have been
out of the game for a little while

:) :)

--
underhill