-   -   query from excel to access - xlodbc.xla (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/315328-query-excel-access-xlodbc-xla.html)

larzize

query from excel to access - xlodbc.xla

Excel vba docs document sql links to databases including access
My goal is to query access (in sql) and analyse the result from vba (not
publishing it in excel).
I read about SQLopen() statements. I would like to try such. My vba does not
recognise the sets of functions and I read that i need to load xlodbc.xla. I
looked in most docs and sites for this add in and I cannot find it.
I have therefore two questions:
- can i find this xla?
- should i use a DAO / ADO link instead?

TK

query from excel to access - xlodbc.xla

Hi arzize

ADO is Microsofts' latest (not that new) component and usually recommended
by those that recommend things of that nature. If you need a sample, post
the path to your DB and a table name and I'll post back.

Good Luck
TK

"larzize" wrote:

Excel vba docs document sql links to databases including access
My goal is to query access (in sql) and analyse the result from vba (not
publishing it in excel).
I read about SQLopen() statements. I would like to try such. My vba does not
recognise the sets of functions and I read that i need to load xlodbc.xla. I
looked in most docs and sites for this add in and I cannot find it.
I have therefore two questions:
- can i find this xla?
- should i use a DAO / ADO link instead?

Jamie Collins

query from excel to access - xlodbc.xla

"larzize" wrote in ...

- can i find this xla?

Try MSDN e.g.

Excel 2002 Add-in: Open Database Connectivity:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=EN

- should i use a DAO / ADO link instead?

You'd get much more control (and complexity) if you did.

Jamie.