-   -   Lookup Multiple Occurrence Of Item In Array (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/315258-lookup-multiple-occurrence-item-array.html)

John Sharkey

Lookup Multiple Occurrence Of Item In Array

Alan Beban Wrote:
John Sharkey wrote:
I have a list of names and telephone numbers. Many people on th

list
have multiple numbers. When I use Index(result,Match(lookup
value,lookup array,0)), I always get the first phone number. I would
like to be able to find the second and third phone numbers of
individuals.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

If the freely downloadable file at http://home.pacbell.net/beban is
available to your workbook, you can array enter into a 3-cell (o
4-cell
or 5-cell or n-cell) column

=VLookups(lookup_value, lookup_array, 2)

Alan Beban

Alan,
I tried your array match function. As I input the lookup value an
lookup array, I see it show the index numbers of the 2 occurrences
However, when I hit enter, only the first value appears. An
suggestions?

Thank

--
John Sharke
John Sharkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1588

Alan Beban[_2_]

Lookup Multiple Occurrence Of Item In Array

John Sharkey wrote:

Alan,
I tried your array match function. As I input the lookup value and
lookup array, I see it show the index numbers of the 2 occurrences.
However, when I hit enter, only the first value appears. Any
suggestions?

Thanks

John,

Instead of using Enter, use Ctrl+Shft+Enter; this is referred to as
array entering.

Post back if that doesn't correct your situation.

Alan Beban