-   -   Making "examp le" become "examp_le" in a string (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/315246-making-examp-le-become-examp_le-string.html)

Sworkhard

Making "examp le" become "examp_le" in a string

Is there and easy way to find and replace the " " in the example above to
"_"? . If not I will have to loop throught each character in the string
using the left and right functions and then recompile the string.

Frank Kabel

Making "examp le" become "examp_le" in a string

Hi
=SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","_")

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Sworkhard wrote:
Is there and easy way to find and replace the " " in the example
above to "_"? . If not I will have to loop throught each character
in the string using the left and right functions and then recompile
the string.

Sworkhard

Making "examp le" become "examp_le" in a string

Thanks. I'll be using Applicaiton.WorksheetFunction.Substitute(variable, " "_")

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
=SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","_")

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Sworkhard wrote:
Is there and easy way to find and replace the " " in the example
above to "_"? . If not I will have to loop throught each character
in the string using the left and right functions and then recompile
the string.

Myrna Larson

Making "examp le" become "examp_le" in a string

See if your version of Excel supports the Replace VBA function. I think it was
introduced in v 2000. If it does, I would use that instead.

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 12:07:05 -0700, Sworkhard
wrote:

Thanks. I'll be using Applicaiton.WorksheetFunction.Substitute(variable, "

"_")

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
=SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","_")