-   -   adding shortcut menu items (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/315216-adding-shortcut-menu-items.html)

singincpa

adding shortcut menu items

I am trying to add some existing Excel commands to my shortcut bars (e
Sort, Find & Replace, etc.), but I don't know what the OnAction need
to be for each of them. Is there a way to get a list of all of th
source events from Excel? Obviously I am not a macro or VBA expert

--
singincp
singincpa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1587

Ron de Bruin

adding shortcut menu items

You can add it like this and you don't need the onaction code

..Controls.Add Type:=msoControlButton, ID:=4

See this page for the ID numbers (see also the linls at the bottom of the page)
http://www.rondebruin.com/menuid.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"singincpa" wrote in message ...

I am trying to add some existing Excel commands to my shortcut bars (eg
Sort, Find & Replace, etc.), but I don't know what the OnAction needs
to be for each of them. Is there a way to get a list of all of the
source events from Excel? Obviously I am not a macro or VBA expert.

--
singincpa
singincpa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15874
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=273612

Tom Ogilvy

adding shortcut menu items

there are no source events. built in buttons are associated with default
behavior.

If you add the built in buttons to th shortcut bar, they will perform in the
normal manner without setting an onaction property.

Tom Ogilvy