-   -   Compile Errors and Missing references (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/315187-compile-errors-missing-references.html)

mangesh_yadav[_148_]

Compile Errors and Missing references

Thanks for the response, Tom.

But as I mentioned earlier, for the first run I get the run-time error
Programmatic access to VB Project is not trusted, and for subsequen
runs of the sub, I get the run-time error: Method 'VBProject' of objec
'_Workbook' failed.

Is it something to do with my local setting that I get these run-tim
errors....?

My macro security setting is set to 'Medium'. And I am using Windows X
professional and Office XP.

Manges

--
mangesh_yada
mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1047

keepITcool

Compile Errors and Missing references

Programmatic Access to the VBOM not trusted...

in ExcelXP this setting can be changed by the user in Macro options
(second tab at the bottom.

IN Excel2003 the dialog still shows it, but is grayed out.
(only an administrator can set it.)

In the registry the key has been moved from HKCU to HKLM.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\E xcel\Security
AccessVBOM REG_DWORD 0|1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\11.0\ Excel\Security
AccessVBOM REG_DWORD 0|1

keepITcool

mangesh_yadav wrote:

Thanks for the response, Tom.

But as I mentioned earlier, for the first run I get the run-time error:
Programmatic access to VB Project is not trusted, and for subsequent
runs of the sub, I get the run-time error: Method 'VBProject' of object
'_Workbook' failed.

Is it something to do with my local setting that I get these run-time
errors....?

My macro security setting is set to 'Medium'. And I am using Windows XP
professional and Office XP.

Mangesh