-   -   Using Excel to change/add/delete records in Access database (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/314986-using-excel-change-add-delete-records-access-database.html)

[email protected]

Using Excel to change/add/delete records in Access database

I have an access database that I download from a game company. In that
database there is an Orders table which is built with their own program. I
however use Excel for everything including parsing their turn results file.
Currently I am working on creating the orders with validation lists and
formulas along with a little VBA coding to simulate the order entry program
since it very user UN-firendly. I have read some other posts about the INSERT
INTO option of the database connection but after reading them I still don't
know how to apply them to my situation.

Specifically the Orders Table is located in SN Turn Entry Data.mdb and
contains a list of orders that will be executed on my next turn. If I create
those orders in Excel how would I connect to this database and change
specific records. Each record contains an Empire ID#, Order Code, Priority #,
and 51 fields describing the different arguments for each type of order. I
would like to access this table by a combination of Empire # and Priority #
and change (or add if not found) the order using data in Excel Cells. I am
familiar with Excel VBA but unfamiliar with Access VBA. Any help would be
appreciated.