-   -   Disable Dialog when following external hyperlink (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/314817-disable-dialog-when-following-external-hyperlink.html)

John Tolman[_2_]

Disable Dialog when following external hyperlink

I am looking to turn off the prompt that verified the user wants to open a
file when clicking on a hyperlink. How do I turn this off? It is a script
ran by an external program, if this has anythign to do with why it is showing
this alert. I have tried the following two, and could not find any
parameters of .FollowHyperlink that affected this.

Application.EnableEvents = False

and

Application.DisplayAlerts = False

Frank Kabel

Disable Dialog when following external hyperlink

Hi
see:
http://snurl.com/2uq3

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"John Tolman" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
I am looking to turn off the prompt that verified the user wants to

open a
file when clicking on a hyperlink. How do I turn this off? It is a

script
ran by an external program, if this has anythign to do with why it is

showing
this alert. I have tried the following two, and could not find any
parameters of .FollowHyperlink that affected this.

Application.EnableEvents = False

and

Application.DisplayAlerts = False

John Tolman[_2_]

Disable Dialog when following external hyperlink

I am using 2002, not sure if this matters, but the 11.1 version was different
in my registry and it just didn't work. I tried putting this key in other
areas and no luck.

Is there possibly another workaround, or a way to just run a link straight
from vb rather than have that macro click on a hyperlink itself?

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
see:
http://snurl.com/2uq3