-   -   Insert Option Button based on value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/314707-insert-option-button-based-value.html)

pjw23[_4_]

Insert Option Button based on value

I'm Looking to insert (2) option buttons into a area of my workshee
when the value in another cell equals a certain value. I haven't bee
able to find out how to do it yet, but I'm sure there's gotta be
somewhat easy way for this. Can someone please help

--
pjw2
pjw23's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=631

E Oveson

Insert Option Button based on value

Here's an example. You would put something like this into the code for the
sheet you want this to apply to. There's no error checking or anything.
Change "A1" to the cell you want and the value 1 to whatever you want. Let
me know if you need any help tweaking this to your needs.

If Target.Address(False, False) = "A1" Then
If Target.Value = 1 Then

ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Add ClassType:="Forms.OptionButton.1", _
Link:=False, DisplayAsIcon:=False, Left:=40, Top:=40, _
Width:=80, Height:=35

ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Add ClassType:="Forms.OptionButton.1", _
Link:=False, DisplayAsIcon:=False, Left:=130, Top:=40, _
Width:=80, Height:=35

"pjw23" wrote in message

I'm Looking to insert (2) option buttons into a area of my worksheet
when the value in another cell equals a certain value. I haven't been
able to find out how to do it yet, but I'm sure there's gotta be a
somewhat easy way for this. Can someone please help?

--
pjw23
pjw23's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=272333

norika

Insert Option Button based on value

Is there any other methods to do, other than vba?

norik

--
norik
norika's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=487

E Oveson[_2_]

Insert Option Button based on value

I don't think there would be any other way. There's a conditional =IF()
function, but I don't see any function for embedding a control. So I think
you would be stuck with VBA.

"norika" wrote in message

Is there any other methods to do, other than vba?

norika

--
norika
norika's Profile: