-   -   How to Delte Multiple Rows Given a Value Existing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/314456-how-delte-multiple-rows-given-value-existing.html)

Jako[_88_]

How to Delte Multiple Rows Given a Value Existing

Please can someone suggest a way to do the followin.

I want to check for the existence of a workbook in a director
"C:\Audit".

If the workbook(Name not specific) exists i then want to check eac
worksheet for the occurence of the string "Green" or "Red" or "Yellow"
If Column F contains any of the strings "Green" or "Red" or "Yellow"
then want to delete the entire row.

Obviously there will be a non specific number of rows and will var
each time, on each sheet.

Having deleted the rows as mentioned i then want to save the workboo
to a folder "C:\Audit\Final".

I would also like the workbook filename to have the date (forma
"dd-mm-yy") as part of it.
eg.
"22.10.04 Audits.xls"

Many thanks for any help

--
Jak
Jako's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=871

Frank Kabel

How to Delte Multiple Rows Given a Value Existing

Hi
as a starting point:
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Deleting.html

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Jako" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Please can someone suggest a way to do the followin.

I want to check for the existence of a workbook in a directory
"C:\Audit".

If the workbook(Name not specific) exists i then want to check each
worksheet for the occurence of the string "Green" or "Red" or

"Yellow".
If Column F contains any of the strings "Green" or "Red" or "Yellow"

then want to delete the entire row.

Obviously there will be a non specific number of rows and will vary
each time, on each sheet.

Having deleted the rows as mentioned i then want to save the workbook
to a folder "C:\Audit\Final".

I would also like the workbook filename to have the date (format
"dd-mm-yy") as part of it.
eg.
"22.10.04 Audits.xls"

Many thanks for any help.