Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Determining last row/column using ADO with closed workbook

I am trying to figure how to use ADO to retrieve/store data into closed
workbook to get hopefully significant performance enhancement what I
currently do (open and close 100 workbooks)

I looked at Ron's code for retrieving data

http://www.rondebruin.nl/ado.htm

(Thanks Ron).

My question: is it possible to find out what the last row and column is
in the closed workbook.?

My other rookie question is:

Can I store a formula into a cell of a closed workbook using ADO. I am
assuming that if this is possible then the value will only be determined
when the workkbook is opened, or is there another way.

THank you for any suggestions

kurb