-   -   Comparing one cell to every cell in another column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/314266-comparing-one-cell-every-cell-another-column.html)

ExcelAlex

Comparing one cell to every cell in another column

I have a workbook that imports data from two separate text files. I wan
to find any matches between the two sets of data, but they will not b
in the same order.

IF
Cell in Column 1 (from data import 1) = Any Cell in Column 2 (from dat
import 2)
THEN
Column 3 = "MATCH"

I'd like to do this for every cell in column 1. The lists can up t
1000 rows long.

If anyone out there can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it!

THANKS!
Ale

--
ExcelAle
ExcelAlex's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1555

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Comparing one cell to every cell in another column

In C1:

=if(isnumber(match(a1,b:b,0)),"Match","NoMatch")

and drag down.

ExcelAlex wrote:

I have a workbook that imports data from two separate text files. I want
to find any matches between the two sets of data, but they will not be
in the same order.

IF
Cell in Column 1 (from data import 1) = Any Cell in Column 2 (from data
import 2)
THEN
Column 3 = "MATCH"

I'd like to do this for every cell in column 1. The lists can up to
1000 rows long.

If anyone out there can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it!

THANKS!
Alex

--
ExcelAlex