-   -   Downloading a file from a website in Excel Visual Basic (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/314065-downloading-file-website-excel-visual-basic.html)

Jan Bours

Downloading a file from a website in Excel Visual Basic

Hi!

I have a problem in programming the next manual actions in Visual Basic.
I would like to solve this in Visual Basic under Excel.

The steps I would like to automate are the following:

1) Go to the next website in the Internet Browser (I use Internet Explorer
6):
http://www.cboe.com/delayedQuote/Quo...eDownload.aspx ;

2) Type in a quote-symbol in the empty field (under "Quote Table Download")
for example "MSFT" ;

3) Click the "Download"-button ;

4) Save the file "QuoteData.dat" on disk.

When I perform these steps manually, there are no problems.

Now I would like to write a piece of Visual Basic-code which accepts the
quote-symbol
as a parameter (MSFT in this example) and that performs steps 1,2,3 and 4
automatically.

Hope to hear something real soon!

Lexus