-   -   combo Box programming (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/313669-combo-box-programming.html)

brett4098

combo Box programming

I have a Combo box list populated. What i am trying to achieve is when
select a name from the list, i can have information about that nam
populate a part of the spreadsheet. When i select a different name, i'
like the old info to disappear and the information for the next nam
appear. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys, you've bee
great in the past

--
brett409
brett4098's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=451

Bob Phillips[_6_]

combo Box programming

Brett,

Do you have a table of data where the values in the combobox is the first
column? Assuming so, and it has a name of say 'myTable', you can use VLOOKUP
in VBA to get the data

Set rng = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1")
With Combobox1
rng.Value = .Value
rng.Offset(0,1).Value = Application.VLOOKUP(.Value,
Range("myTable"),2,FALSE)
rng.Offset(0,2).Value = Application.VLOOKUP(.Value,
Range("myTable"),2,FALSE)
End With

Add this code into the combobox click event.

--

HTH

RP

"brett4098" wrote in message

I have a Combo box list populated. What i am trying to achieve is when i
select a name from the list, i can have information about that name
populate a part of the spreadsheet. When i select a different name, i'd
like the old info to disappear and the information for the next name
appear. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys, you've been
great in the past.

--
brett4098
brett4098's Profile: