Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default IsMissing()

I had a question IsMissing Function and Ron Rosenfeld assisted on this.
He provided the following streamline of the code I was trying to run
==================
Sub foo()
Call OutputResult(Worksheets("output").Range("B1"))
End Sub
-------------------------
Sub OutputResult(Optional InCell As Range)

If IsMissing(InCell) Then
InCell.Value = 123

==========================
The problem I am encountering is that whether or not the call subroutine
call provides the optional range argument, the if IsMissing statement is
skipped Since the IsMissing function is passed a variant data type I am
wondering if a range is considered a variant. Is that the reason the
IsMissing() statement is always evaluating to TRUE.
Actually the statement I want to use is
If NOT IsMissing(InCell) Then
InCell.Value = 123
End If

so that when no range is passed the InCell.Value Statement is not executed.
Any assistance to get over this will be greatly appreciated.
Kuze