-   -   Newbie question: clear contents in first column of copy-pasted row(s) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/313500-newbie-question-clear-contents-first-column-copy-pasted-row-s.html)

BN

Newbie question: clear contents in first column of copy-pasted row(s)

I need to code worksheet so that it will clear contents of column A in rows
being pasted/inserted into worksheet. Copied from location either above or
below the insert location. Affecting only inserted rows. Hope this makes
sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
-Brian

david mcritchie

Newbie question: clear contents in first column of copy-pasted row(s)

Hi Brian,
See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...w.htm#insrtrow

Selection.Offset(1).Resize(vRows).EntireRow. _
SpecialCells(xlConstants).ClearContents
---
HTH,

"BN" wrote in message ...
I need to code worksheet so that it will clear contents of column A in rows
being pasted/inserted into worksheet. Copied from location either above or
below the insert location. Affecting only inserted rows. Hope this makes
sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
-Brian

BN

Newbie question: clear contents in first column of copy-pasted row(s)

Thanks David for quick response to my question.
-Brian