-   -   Shortcut Key (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/313405-shortcut-key.html)

Mikeymay

Shortcut Key

I have written a macro to distribute within a team and I want a shortcut key
enabled, e.g. Ctrl+Q, so a macro button doesn't need adding to everyones
toolbar.

How do I do this

Tom Ogilvy

Shortcut Key

if you see it in Excel in Tools=Macro=Macros, select it and click the
options button.

You can also look in Excel VBA help for the OnKey command. The macro that
sets this relationship has to run for it to be in effect. You could put
that code in the workbook_Open event.

Tom Ogilvy

"Mikeymay" wrote in message
I have written a macro to distribute within a team and I want a shortcut

key
enabled, e.g. Ctrl+Q, so a macro button doesn't need adding to everyones
toolbar.

How do I do this

psduckie

Shortcut Key

I tested this in Excel 2000, so it may or may not work in your version of
Excel.

1. Go into the Macros window.
2. Select your macro.
3. Press Options.
4. For Ctrl-Q, in the Shortcut Key box, press q. THIS IS CASE SENSITIVE!
For Ctrl+Shift+Q, press Q. Again, THIS IS CASE SENSITIVE! You cannot use
the Alt key.
5. Press OK.
6. Close the Macros window.

Again, this is all in Excel 2000. If this does not help, you are probably
using some other version that I do not have.