-   -   Cell Links for Option Buttons (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/313375-cell-links-option-buttons.html)

LauraC

Cell Links for Option Buttons

I am using XL97, I have 4 Group Boxes each with 4 Option buttons/boxes.

What I want to do is within one group box (i.e. Question 1) link all the
options (answers- i.e. High, Med, Low, None) to the same cell link, MS Help
makes it sounds as though it would then display it in number format
(dependant on option selected) and that would be ideal as I want to plot a
graph from the results.

Can anyone please offer suggestions, if I select the same cell for the four
options within one group in properties it just doesn't work. It'll only work
with having four seperate cell links displaying true or false, and I'd rather
not have to start using IF statements.

Any ideas anyone please

Tom Ogilvy

Cell Links for Option Buttons

It sounds like you are mixing OptionButtons from the Control Toolbox Toolbar
with Group Boxes from the forms toolbar. If you use OptionButtons from the
forms toolbar and put a group box around 4 of them, then link one option
button to a cell, the other 3 optionbuttons will be linked to that cell as
well (no action required on your part) and the cell will reflect a number
between 1 and 4 indicating which option button is selected (if an
optionbutton is selected). To the best of my knowledge, Group Boxes have
no effect on optionbuttons from the control toolbox toolbar and these
optionbuttons don't support having multiple optionbuttons linked to the same
cell and don't produce the numeric output.

Tom Ogilvy