-   -   In Excel 2000 - is there any way to set up a cell to repeatedly a. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/313344-excel-2000-there-any-way-set-up-cell-repeatedly.html)

tj7978

In Excel 2000 - is there any way to set up a cell to repeatedly a.

WOuld like to display a function giving time left until a set time. This
would probably use NOW() and a date/time cell. Subtracting the two gives
time remaining. I would like to have the cells autocalculate so that this
displays as a countdown clock. Any idea how to do this?

Myrna Larson

In Excel 2000 - is there any way to set up a cell to repeatedly a.

The formula

=A1-NOW()

gives the time left, but it doesn't recalculate unless I press F9. To get this
to work, you probably need a static value in the cell and an OnTime macro that
updates it. The performance hit could be considerable if it's to update every
second.