-   -   BeforePrint event (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/313181-beforeprint-event.html)

EnglishTeacher

BeforePrint event

How can I program a macro so that, when I print a workbook, it will
automatically open and then print other documents to which I have linked?

Thank you in advance.

Jim Rech

BeforePrint event

I'd suggest that you write a print macro that goes something like this:

Sub MasterPrint
Activesheet.Printout
Workbooks("SubsidiaryBook1.xls").Open
Activesheet.Printout
ActiveWorkbook.Close False
Workbooks("SubsidiaryBook2.xls").Open
Activesheet.Printout
ActiveWorkbook.Close False
'etc.

Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"EnglishTeacher" wrote in message
| How can I program a macro so that, when I print a workbook, it will
| automatically open and then print other documents to which I have linked?
|
| Thank you in advance.

EnglishTeacher

BeforePrint event

Thank you for this but, going further, in the macro, how can I designate
("SubsidiaryBook1.xls") to be a document that is linked to. Specifically, I
want to put a checkbox in the initial Excel file that, if checked, will
activate a link to a specific document to Open and then Print.

Thank you.

"Jim Rech" wrote:

I'd suggest that you write a print macro that goes something like this:

Sub MasterPrint
Activesheet.Printout
Workbooks("SubsidiaryBook1.xls").Open
Activesheet.Printout
ActiveWorkbook.Close False
Workbooks("SubsidiaryBook2.xls").Open
Activesheet.Printout
ActiveWorkbook.Close False
'etc.

Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"EnglishTeacher" wrote in message
| How can I program a macro so that, when I print a workbook, it will
| automatically open and then print other documents to which I have linked?
|
| Thank you in advance.

Jim Rech

BeforePrint event

If your question is - how do I know the names of the linked workbooks, if
any - then have a look at this:

Sub a()
Dim Links As Variant
Dim Counter As Integer
Links = ActiveWorkbook.LinkSources(xlExcelLinks)
If Not IsEmpty(Links) Then
For Counter = 1 To UBound(Links)
MsgBox Links(Counter)
''Open/Print/Close
Next

Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"EnglishTeacher" wrote in message
| Thank you for this but, going further, in the macro, how can I designate
| ("SubsidiaryBook1.xls") to be a document that is linked to. Specifically,
| want to put a checkbox in the initial Excel file that, if checked, will
| activate a link to a specific document to Open and then Print.
|
| Thank you.
|
| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| I'd suggest that you write a print macro that goes something like this:
|
| Sub MasterPrint
| Activesheet.Printout
| Workbooks("SubsidiaryBook1.xls").Open
| Activesheet.Printout
| ActiveWorkbook.Close False
| Workbooks("SubsidiaryBook2.xls").Open
| Activesheet.Printout
| ActiveWorkbook.Close False
| 'etc.
| End Sub
|
| --
| Jim Rech
| Excel MVP
| "EnglishTeacher" wrote in
message
| | How can I program a macro so that, when I print a workbook, it will
| | automatically open and then print other documents to which I have
linked?
| |
| | Thank you in advance.

EnglishTeacher

BeforePrint event

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

"Jim Rech" wrote:

If your question is - how do I know the names of the linked workbooks, if
any - then have a look at this:

Sub a()
Dim Links As Variant
Dim Counter As Integer
Links = ActiveWorkbook.LinkSources(xlExcelLinks)
If Not IsEmpty(Links) Then
For Counter = 1 To UBound(Links)
MsgBox Links(Counter)
''Open/Print/Close
Next

Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"EnglishTeacher" wrote in message
| Thank you for this but, going further, in the macro, how can I designate
| ("SubsidiaryBook1.xls") to be a document that is linked to. Specifically,
| want to put a checkbox in the initial Excel file that, if checked, will
| activate a link to a specific document to Open and then Print.
|
| Thank you.
|
| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| I'd suggest that you write a print macro that goes something like this:
|
| Sub MasterPrint
| Activesheet.Printout
| Workbooks("SubsidiaryBook1.xls").Open
| Activesheet.Printout