-   -   Different length moving averages (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/313120-different-length-moving-averages.html)

Rick S

Different length moving averages

Hello;

I have several thousand data points listed consecutively in column A of my
spreadsheet. In column B, I am going to create a short term moving average.
Then I am going to graph the average and study it. I have to repeat this
task many times, with different length moving averages, because I am doing a
"what-if" study to find the optimum length moving average. Is there a way to
write an equation in the moving average cells that references a single value
I supply in the top cell of the moving average column, so I don't have to cut
and paste different length AVERAGE arguments in every single cell? I guess
I'm trying to figure out how to write a macro that will take a number I
supply and create that length moving average in all the cells of column B.

Thanks.