-   -   Help with ComboBox Please (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/313080-help-combobox-please.html)

Grandad

Help with ComboBox Please

I am using a VLOOKUP table to obtain data from another workbook called
DataWorkbook.xls, when both the workbook are open, all is OK , but I would
prefer to read DataWorkbook.xls without opening it.

In the ComboBox I use "ListFillRange" to identify the location of the
workbook.
I.E. 'C:\2004\Data\DataWorkbook.xls'!DataRange, the LinkedCell is defined as
A1 which is used to place data in J1 and K1

Is there a way I can do this so that I can read the DataWorkbook.xls without
opening it?
--
Kind Regards

Mick

Geof Wyght[_2_]

Help with ComboBox Please

Grandad,
My educated guess is, no. Good luck.
Geof.
I am using a VLOOKUP table to obtain data from another

workbook called
DataWorkbook.xls, when both the workbook are open, all

is OK , but I would
prefer to read DataWorkbook.xls without opening it.

In the ComboBox I use "ListFillRange" to identify the

location of the
workbook.
I.E. 'C:\2004\Data\DataWorkbook.xls'!DataRange, the

LinkedCell is defined as
A1 which is used to place data in J1 and K1

Is there a way I can do this so that I can read the

DataWorkbook.xls without
opening it?
--
Kind Regards

Mick

.

Tom Ogilvy

Help with ComboBox Please

Insert a sheet in the workbook containing the combobox and link cells in
that sheet to the closed workbook.

Use the cells in the inserted sheet for the ListFillrange

Tom Ogilvy

"Grandad" wrote in message
I am using a VLOOKUP table to obtain data from another workbook called
DataWorkbook.xls, when both the workbook are open, all is OK , but I would
prefer to read DataWorkbook.xls without opening it.

In the ComboBox I use "ListFillRange" to identify the location of the
workbook.
I.E. 'C:\2004\Data\DataWorkbook.xls'!DataRange, the LinkedCell is defined

as
A1 which is used to place data in J1 and K1

Is there a way I can do this so that I can read the DataWorkbook.xls

without
opening it?
--
Kind Regards