-   -   advanced macro for find replace (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/313020-advanced-macro-find-replace.html)

kauseway[_4_]

advanced macro for find replace

Here is a sample file. Sheet1 is my main sheet. The highlighted gree
cells are the names and the highlighted orange cells are the respectiv
categories that needs to be changed from the default (expense) to a nam
specific category.

example.

IF fedex is the name the category should be shipping not expense.

Sheet2 contains my database of names/appropriate cateogries. Column
was my attempt to change the category. As you can see it properl
enters the name specific category when it sees a matching name. Th
problem is I need to get that category back over the sheet1 to chang
the proper cell (orange highlighted cells).

There are other issues I have but this is the main first step. Hop
this makes it clearer.

Thanks
Kausewa

--