-   -   Beginner programmer problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/311779-beginner-programmer-problem.html)

Rednosebob

Beginner programmer problem

I have a spreadsheet that is basically consists of an event log. Each event
change is entered on to the spreadsheet as a Row, with the variuos columns
representing various statuses.

What I wanted to do was to put controls (test boxes and command buttons on
the same spreadsheet along with some other graphics (rectangles, circles etc)
and use a command button to start sequencing through the event log while
graphically displaying the results of each event. My problem is that I used
the Controls toolbar (on the spreadsheet, not VBA) for the text and command
buttons, but didn't realize that when I was creating the circles and other
objects, I assigned them to a module. Now I have some controls in the
spreadsheet and others in modules. How can I reassign where these controls
will be located? Or do I have to start over. An example, when I try a view
the properties of a command button, it only responses to the Click, and not
the properties. Sounds confussing, but that's why I asking.

If there is a better way to discribe my problem please let me know. Thanks
in advance for your help!