-   -   Cannot Query MDB! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/311113-cannot-query-mdb.html)

simsjr

Cannot Query MDB!

So I'm trying to "Get External Data" from within Excel 97. We have a
password protected Access MDB on a company shared drive that we need to
access. Now, I can open the MDB directly from my workstation and I can run
queries stored within the database, but I get an error message when I try to
access it through Excel 97 via the Create New Query option.

I have tried accessing the database both through ODBC or directly (with a
reference to the MDB location on the network). I specify a password during
both occasions, and here's the error message I get with each method:

"String data, right truncated on column number 1 (TABLE_CAT)"

What's up with this???